Message Board

RANDTS will last a thousand years.

- Albert





This is an old post on Maelstrom that has to be shared on RANDTS.

Henry requested me to post about my disease. Well I won't be writing very specific details about my disease because I will copying it lock, stock and barrel if I do but I will give links to sites that explain my conditions. Furthermore, I'm not authority on my disease so it is better for you all to read links.

Well, I suffer from Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD) a muscle wasting disease that is caused by a genetic mutation. DMD is hereditary and has absolutely no cure. It affects 1 in 3000 boys and we have a life expectancy of around 21. Glory and death!

Well slowly DMD sufferers get weaker and weaker and will finally be only able to make practical their wrist, fingers, neck and head. Furthermore, our respiratory system and heart are also affected by muscle wasting. (Causing all sorts of problems that need to be treated.) Death is usually caused by suffocation or heart failure. Even brushing my teeth or eating an apple may prove fatal (isolated cases).

For a pictorial guide to my disease click here. For an encyclopedia article about DMD click here.

I hope nobody had their daylights scared out of them by this post. ^_^

All questions about me and DMD are welcomed in fact you all should ask about me. Don't worry about offending me because I'm willing to share my experiences. My skin is as thick as crocodile hide. Hahahaha. Bring in the questions as comments.

Cheers!!!!

~multum in parvo~

6 mad rant(s):



Got something to say? Please leave a comment! Your feedback and opinions are extremely valuable to us here at RANDTS. You also might want to take a look at the comments that other readers have left.

If you leave a comment, please check back to this post often, as we will get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks for dropping by!



  1. Jasper said...

    Dude! You're growing a beer belly! LOLZ! Trying to emulate me izzit? ;)

    Hey! Why not we invite the RANDTS group to your party? (those that are within range that is...) Im sure it would be fun.  

  2. gungrave1988 said...

    [Comrade Cripple] I will definitely try my best to come to your party. I will persuade my parents even if it means I'll get a full day lecture...haha (^__^)  

  3. Albert said...

    [gungrave1988]:Tell me if you do make it.  

  4. Melanie Ng said...

    Now i really wish i'm in kl.. :( No worries! I'll be up as soon as my exam is over. have fun partying! No beer huh! beer=belly=un-hotness!

    No matter what lies ahead, just live your day to the fullest now.
    you're born with a smart brain(according to shan yong), how i wish i have that gift.
    or else i wudn be studying till late night. i'm so stressed up now. and my freaking blog gt prob!

    i'll blog something nice on the 26th, i promise..  

  5. Jasper said...

    LOL! More beers and bellies ...


    XD!  

  6. hwen said...

    Haha, I can't drink beer quickly. It's very harsh on the throat, I think. I prefer something smooth and sweet, like smoothies and hot chocolate and caramel macchiatos, haha!  


 

Copyright 2006 | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
Modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds | Edited by Maverick.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.