Message Board

RANDTS will last a thousand years.

- Albert


BBQ

I'm having a BBQ next Saturday. My hopes are that this party would be a great success.

In my wretched but wonderful existence I never had a party where I invited my friends over. Whether this was for convenience or I never had many friends is still a mystery to me. When I lost my ability to walk 8 years ago all this didn't seem to matter anymore. As a disabled boy what could I expect from the world? Acquaintances never felt like friends and true friends were hard to find. I would always be this lonely wretch. At least I wasn't be as lonely as another Duchenne's boy, W who didn't really went to school all because his Chinese school didn't really accommodate him. We cripples need a ground floor class but his school were populated "communist" donkey administrators. Seeing their boy treated like dirt his parents gave up hope. Now I'm about to start my degree but he's stuck in a world of cyberspace. It really pains me that my fellow disabled people are denied proper education by "loving" parents.

Lamentations aside, I have 13 friends coming over so far for my party and the food will be halal and beef free. Looks I'll be sticking with chicken and seafood. What I want to know is which other food items can be barbecued. I heard that corn and marshmallows can be barbecued. How about other food? I need some feedback on this matter.

Another matter is satay. My father suggests we get some satay too. He suggests 200 sticks but I'll like to stay at 100 sticks. According to him in a party satay is very popular and usually the first item to finish. Anyone here loves satay?

If my barbecue party is a success I will definitely have more barbecue parties in the future. I'm looking forward to a RANDTS gathering and my birthday party. The current party I wish to have is to celebrate the start of my university year.

Finally, I would like to know what should be expected in a party? Don't give me Western norms of "wild" living...

I'm inarticulate......

~multum in parvo~

8 mad rant(s):



Got something to say? Please leave a comment! Your feedback and opinions are extremely valuable to us here at RANDTS. You also might want to take a look at the comments that other readers have left.

If you leave a comment, please check back to this post often, as we will get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks for dropping by!



  1. Jasper said...

    Sotong and Satay are your best bets. Ikan Bakar and BBQ Chicken are harder to do (especially if its a DIY job)

    DUDE! 100 sticks of satay! Thats just enough for me! ;P

    An easy method of counting is ...
    13 ppl x ~10 satays each = 130 satays. (round it up to the nearest hundred) Therefore you need 200 satays.

    Your satays should preferably be chicken as ikan bakar and sotong already comprise as your seafood.

    What do YOU expect from your party? Is it an entirely outdoors affair?
    If so hope that everybody talks to everybody else. If its an indoors-outdoors combo than just bring out the PS2! =P

    As for my part expect raucous laughter and dumb jokes all night long! ... -_-"  

  2. Albert said...

    Ok I'll try to get sotong. BTW the satay will be bought. Anyway I think by next week 20 people may be confirmed to be coming. I guess I need 250 satays then.

    ~multum in parvo~  

  3. Jasper said...

    Yeah! The more the better.

    A hungry Bhai is an Angry Bhai! =P!  

  4. hwen said...

    Parties... I don't think most Malaysian parties are as wild as the ones in the Western region. Hmm, the parties I go to are mostly food-orientated, where friends eat and talk and camwhore until they're sick of each other.

    Small gatherings are lovely. Everyone gets to meet everyone. Or everyone gets to talk to everyone.

    Hmmm, maybe you should have a chocolate dip for your marshmallows, haha. The sweet-tooth people will love it!  

  5. Jasper said...

    Hey thats a great idea! Chocolate dip! We can even keep the chocolate war with the BBQ!

    thwen=genius

    ;)  

  6. Jasper said...

    *chocolate warm

    (stupid keyboard)

    -_-"  

  7. Albert said...

    I have 17 confirmed guests now.

    Yipeee!

    ~multum in parvo~  

  8. hwen said...

    Chocolate war, hahahaha! Can you imagine that?! I find this really funny!

    Oh yeah, in the olden days where black and white rules the TV, chocolate is used to represent blood in horror movies. Now u know, why I'm laughing at the phrase Chocolate War. Maybe we should try that. Slaughter to see more chocolate pouring, leaking, flowing, bursting, whatever...

    Then you lick it up, or use something to pick it up. Next, you'll go "Mmmmmm, lovely, I love chocolate"...

    Anyway, anyone wants chocolates?  


 

Copyright 2006 | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
Modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds | Edited by Maverick.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.