Our country isn't doing enough for disabled people. We lack in many benefits for the disabled. Malaysia may give their disabled citizens help but it's not enough. Here's what we need.
- We need disability pensions.
- We need a carer allowances (for we crippled ones).
- We need disabled friendly transportation. If São Paulo, Brazil could do it so can we!
- We need special scholarships for disabled students to pursue higher education.
- We need red tape to be cut when applying for benefits.
- We need Welfare officers to help us register as disabled people and obtain benefits by meeting us in a disabled friendly place. Our homes are the best since there is no way for some of us to go to the welfare office because of lack of transportation. Not everybody is lucky enough to possess our own transportation.
- All disabled students must be given our RM 300 allowance regardless of where we study.
- Tax cuts must be fast-tracked for parents with disabled children and disabled people should not be taxed..
- We need old buildings to be made to accommodate disabled people too.
- We need free public transportation.
- We need a total waiver of vehicle taxes through a simple process.
- We need free medical treatment with no conditions except seeking treatment in government run hospitals.
- We need housing benefits in the form of allowances and subsidies everywhere.
~multum in parvo~