Message Board

RANDTS will last a thousand years.

- Albert


At the End of My Day

Here's a question: what do you think this is?

Owl 1
If you have no idea, here's the answer:


Owl 2
Brian and I, along with several others, were arguing about how the owl died. Some said it hit the wall behind the dustbin and landed there. Others suggested that it'd died somewhere else and someone had placed it there. I can't remember who suggested that the owl was fake though...

But one thing's for sure, someone did put it there. And who would've thought that the first owl I got to touch was a dead one?
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.
- Marcus Aurelius Antoninus
[courtesy of The Quotations Page]
It'll be awhile before my mind escapes this grim reminder of our mortality. This owl probably didn't achieve much in life, yet it has immortalized itself in death in a gruesome way it never intended at all.

~verus rara avis~

8 mad rant(s):



Got something to say? Please leave a comment! Your feedback and opinions are extremely valuable to us here at RANDTS. You also might want to take a look at the comments that other readers have left.

If you leave a comment, please check back to this post often, as we will get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks for dropping by!



  1. tim wong said...

    i thought it was a lobster  

  2. Albert said...

    I think the owl was shot and placed on the rubbish bin as a prank.

    Salutes to you owl!!  

  3. Boon Lee said...

    OH MY...so saddening!
    Urm..i actually thought it was a loaf of bread.. urgg..my bad.  

  4. hwen said...

    *laughs* Loaf of bread?!

    Well, I thought it was a kingfisher. In fact, a large one, haha.  

  5. Unknown said...

    I also thought it was a loaf of bread!!..poor owl. i liked the 1st pic though..  

  6. stmaverick said...

    Thank you all for your condolences. We will all miss our fine feathered friend. Hopefully he is now flying with a flock of his kind in a better place. A moment of silence please...

    Anyways, a friend of mine suggested it was a pack of wild dogs that did the owl in. My university next to a jungle - this probably had to happen sometime.

    ~verus rara avis~  

  7. Jasper said...

    Hey man... I'm sorry for you...
    I'm sorry for the owl too.

    They are such wonderful creatures...
    It deserved so much better than to decay in plain sight-undignified.

    I trust you buried it? I know its gross but i would have.

    And you say that it didn't achieve much in life... well my friend i say that it has achieved much more than we can ever hope to...

    Take comfort in my words...

    Do not fear certain death, because all death is certain.
    -Kwatra 2003-  

  8. stmaverick said...

    @arbitary juggernaut,

    I wish I could say I buried it, but I didn't. Firstly I didn't have a shovel with me. Secondly, I was rather reluctant to carry it off in my hands. Thirdly, don't most owls die without being buried? Let Mother Nature do her work on it. The circle of life continues.

    Perhaps this owl did achieve more than we have ever done and hope to do. But it will not be remembered for that. In death it has unwittingly secured a place among our hearts as the one who died a messy death. And it will always be what we associate this owl with from now on.

    ~verus rara avis~  


 

Copyright 2006 | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
Modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds | Edited by Maverick.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.