Message Board

RANDTS will last a thousand years.

- Albert


I must say that this blog is still in good shape thanks to our dedicated bloggers here. I have been reluctant to post here, I don't know why. All I know is that when I log into blogger.com, I'd lose my inspiration to write. Suddenly, the atmosphere tense up.



This time, I thought of writing about coffee since I am working on that topic for my Human Awareness Essay. I still haven't figure out whether coffee is a good thing or is it the other way? How many of you over here drinks coffee? If so, what made you drink coffee? The only time when I drink coffee was when I was in Form 2 and Form 3. That was only because my teacher had us to prepare meals for Kemahiran Hidup. Other than that, I'd avoid coffee by all means.

Coffee, for one thing sure helps one to be alert. What fascinated me was the mechanism of how it can make one be alert. You see, in our brain, there is something called adenosine (not so sure if it is a hormone or something) but that is what makes us sleepy when it binds to the receptor site. The shape of the caffeine is similar to the shape of the adenosine, therefore, caffeine is complementary to the receptor site. When caffeine binds to the receptor site, the reactions which takes place there is the total opposite of adenosine's. It will cause stimulation and make us alert.

Coffee can reduce the risk of getting Parkinson disease, Alzheimer disease and could possibly cure Type 2 Diabetes. I don't know if it is true. Coffee can also cause one to have migraine and increase the cholestrol level. So, what do you think? Is coffee beneficial or detrimental to human health? Should coffee consumption be encouraged at a young age? How much caffeine is too much of caffeine? What other alternatives would you ask them to drink that is also healthy to the human body? Herbal tea?

4 mad rant(s):



Got something to say? Please leave a comment! Your feedback and opinions are extremely valuable to us here at RANDTS. You also might want to take a look at the comments that other readers have left.

If you leave a comment, please check back to this post often, as we will get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks for dropping by!



  1. gungrave1988 said...

    I drink coffee. If there's something I noticed bout coffee, its when you drink too often, the effect that makes you alert is gone. Instead it makes you feel sleepy. That's how I feel....  

  2. Albert said...

    Coffee is a poison my dad is addicted to and my mum is allergic to (she gets migraine from drinking coffee). As for me coffee is bad for my heart. Unless you want the cripple to be "martyred" I have to stay away from it. My struggle is to keep awake in class.

    Sieg Hiel!!*cackle*

    ~multum in parvo~`  

  3. Siti 'Afifah said...

    I agree with gungrave. I usedta drink coffee to keep me awake but the more I drank it, the keeping-me-awake effect went kaput. Now, I drink coffee cause I'm addicted to it..Is that good?! *blergh*  

  4. gungrave1988 said...

    I'm also addicted to coffee. Wonder if it's good or bad? But honestly does it really make a person sleepy after getting addicted to coffee or maybe it's because of the sugar or condensed milk they put in?...Because now...I don't feel the kick of coffee anymore....(T____T)  


 

Copyright 2006 | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
Modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds | Edited by Maverick.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.