Message Board

RANDTS will last a thousand years.

- Albert


Referring to the title of the post, I would like to inform all of you that I've decided to work on a project named "The World We Live In: A Portrait of Life and Death" starting from today onwards.

Basically, as the title suggests, I'm challenging myself to portray the world we live in, its inhabitants, scars, inner beauty and whatnot in portraits (not necessarily in portrait form, but you get what I mean, no?). In other words, I'll be painting what I see in photographs taken by my camera (or equivalent). I'm still unsure how things will go as the idea hit me while typing the title of this post not a minute ago. Hence, I'll be thinking over this, and will resume the normal habit of excessive photo-taking whenever, wherever and however.

Ah yes, it would be smashing if any of you RANDTSters, or non-RANDTSters, drop me some suggestions or opinions. Thank you.

Example of photo that will be taken under this project:

DSCN5097 copy

As for the photo above, I took it on the same day as the picture of the Volvo Amazon (posted under Vintage on Wheels). I was waiting for a friend in the Titiwangsa LRT station, when I saw this. It was a sight to behold, though the subject isn't very beautiful, or spell-binding. It's not very inspirational too, but heck, it's reality, not surrealism.

2 mad rant(s):



Got something to say? Please leave a comment! Your feedback and opinions are extremely valuable to us here at RANDTS. You also might want to take a look at the comments that other readers have left.

If you leave a comment, please check back to this post often, as we will get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks for dropping by!



  1. gungrave1988 said...

    Quite an interesting idea. So you decided to take pictures that show the moments in our life & comply it under this project,right?  

  2. hwen said...

    Hmmm... yes. Not only those special moments, but the reality of certain things we have to face in life. But I still haven't give this 'project' much thought... Haha!  


 

Copyright 2006 | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
Modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds | Edited by Maverick.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.