Message Board

RANDTS will last a thousand years.

- Albert


Hi people! Sorry for not posting as frequently as I should, considering I'm probably one of the "free-er" members of RANDTS. Anyway, this is a random thought which I'd like your opinion on...

Last night, I had a pretty good sms conversation from 10p.m. till 12a.m.. Bear in mind that I only had ONE conversation with the person previously. That verbal conversation was on mundane matters i.e. tuition, school, etc.

The question now is: will we talk as freely face-to-face like how we sms-ed? I find myself being able to chat with certain people online or via sms but have nothing to say when meeting them in person. Why is this so?

3 mad rant(s):



Got something to say? Please leave a comment! Your feedback and opinions are extremely valuable to us here at RANDTS. You also might want to take a look at the comments that other readers have left.

If you leave a comment, please check back to this post often, as we will get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks for dropping by!



  1. Jasper said...

    Actually YiWei i find myself being in very much the same position you find yourself in in this matter.

    I believe it has something to do with the degree of anonymity maintained through sms-ing. When we are talking to someone in person our body language tends to play a large role in the experience. And also Our tone of voice when speaking with that person (whether on the phone or in person again) causes a similar 'feel'.
    When sms-ing it becomes easier to project our meaning through mere written words without the dilution of emotion to inhibit us.

    In other words. Its easier to sms because we can seem more intelligent than we are in person. I'm not saying this is either bad or good. I'm just saying this is what i think happens.  

  2. gungrave1988 said...

    I also have a similar problem. I once had a friend I only knew by sms. We can talk a lot just by sms. I never thought about calling the person because I didn't really know what to say. Suddenly my friend called & wanted to talk. There was an awkward silence between us. But after a while we could talk but it was very difficult the first few times. Maybe it's because we don't know each others voices & we usually write something out easier than what we could say. That's what I usually face...  

  3. Unknown said...

    and i thought i was one of the rare people feeling like this!..because i'm not very extroverted. anyway, continuation to the issue: we met..well, bumped into each other. it was awkward alright..still figuring a way to break the ice.  


 

Copyright 2006 | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
Modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds | Edited by Maverick.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.